Our esteemed idiot editor-in-chief Jon Konrath has a birthday today. He has a college buddy (Bill Perry) with the same birthday, and they used to go to Las Vegas every year and celebrate by vomiting in expensive steakhouses and hitting on a hard 20. (Well, Konrath did, anyway.)
A strange and impressive list of individuals were also born on the 20th day of the Gregorian calendar, which Konrath claims is his secret society. It’s not clear if they have a special handshake or meet at the Bohemian Grove, but it’s possible.
Other January 20th birthdays:
- Richard Henry Lee – politician, called for the US to secede from Great Britain.
- Andre Ampere – physicist, father of electrodynamics; the Amp is named after him.
- Harold Gray – creator of Little Orphan Annie.
- George Burns – actor
- Aristotle Onassis – had JFK assassinated to get with his wife.
- Federico Fellini – director
- DeForest Kelley – Bones on Star Trek.
- Slim Whitman – musician, yodeler
- Patricia Neal – actress
- Rudy Boesch – asshole Marine from Survivor
- Buzz Aldrin – second man on the moon
- David Lynch – director, pie enthusiast
- Ian Hill – bassist for Judas Priest
- Paul Stanley – Kiss guitarist
- Bill Maher – comedian and antagonist
- Lorenzo Lamas – actor
- Scott Thunes – bassist for Fear
- Will Wright – computer game designer, inventor of Sim City
- Ozzie Guillen – baseball player/manager
- Tracii Guns – glam metal guitarist
- Rainn Wilson – actor
- Melissa Rivers – actor, sort of
- Kerri Kenney-Silver – actress, comedian
- Skeet Ulrich – actor
- Questlove – DJ, drummer
- Brian Giles – baseball player
- David Eckstein – baseball player
- Joy Giovanni – pro wrestling valet
- Geovany Soto – baseball player
Anyway, go wish Konrath a happy birthday and buy some of his books.