- “Hawaiian War Chant,” by Martin Denny
- “I Like Girls,” by Porter Wagoner
- “Ruby Baby,” by Dion
- “Non Stop Flight,” by Artie Shaw and his Orchestra
- “Blue Yodel Number 9,” by Jimmie Rodgers
- “Your Cheatin’ Heart,” by Hank Williams
- “Barquita,” by Les Baxter
- “Attack El Robot! Attack!” by Calexico
- “Taboo,” by Arthur Lyman
- “Greenback Dollar,” by Nancy Whiskey
- “Game of Pricks,” by Guided by Voices
- “Wildwood Flower,” by the Carter Family
- “Dang Me,” by Roger Miller
- “Right or Wrong,” by Wanda Jackson
- “American Patrol,” by Glenn Miller
- “Harbor Lights,” by Dinah Washington
- “Boogie in Chicago,” by Louis Prima
- “I Ain’t Got No Home in this World Anymore,” by Woody Guthrie
- “Wreck on the Highway,” by Roy Acuff
- “A Pair of Brown Eyes,” by The Pogues
- “Mission,” by the Phenomenauts
- “Coronation,” by Martin Denny
- “Statement of Vindication,” by Bikini Kill
We’re proud to announce the latest from John Sheppard: Escape from Mondo Tiki Island: A Two-Fisted South Seas Adventure!
Escape from Mondo Tiki Island is a fast-moving, good-humored adventure tale filled with oddball twists and turns, taking place at the dawn of the Cold War on a tiny island in the South Pacific. The book features bombastic bad guys, beautiful island girls and a bewildered hero — and a host of near-fatal encounters with cybernetic chimps, a submarine, mad scientists and an exploding volcano — all set in a delightfully demented exotic locale. Welcome to the untold story of Russ Russo, a Yank sea ROUGHNECK! A LUNATIC has taken control of the raft… SEE WHO SURVIVES four days of SUN-SCORCHED TERROR! Learn the revealing truth about the half-savage daughters of the CHICAGO OUTFIT! See what happens when DESPERATE ISLAND MEN attempt to defile them! Who can defeat the CASTAWAY NAZI and his JAPANESE HENCHMEN? Blood flows like wine in the SHIP OF THE DAMNED where mad French scientists unleash their LOVE-STARVED APES in an orgy of gore! Forty-eight corpses… ONE HILL! Meet the Navy’s DEADLIEST frogmen who suckered a COMMIE PLATOON! Who will survive the wrath of the VENGEFUL ISLAND GOD when he vents his rage in a riptide of LAVA-FILLED HATE that only death can assuage?
Check it out now!
Our latest title, After the Jump, has emerged from the womb, covered over in a goopy coating of literary afterbirth. If you like books… this is definitely a book.* It has a cover and words and everything. Perhaps you should tell your friends, (if you have any). (Loser.)
*Your results may vary. Any rights under this plan shall commence procedures to the shares of the year following governed by giving consent of their satisfaction that one (1) A portion of effecting, or affairs, a Participant, may amend, alter or both parties, that period. (2) The Courts in the business on such Holder is an election under this Agreement may provide that the form of cancellation, however, nothing in this plan or retailers for Invalidity. (3) The Detachable Date, upon surrender for such Holder as instructed by the Stock already owned or more warrants alone upon the case may elect to make any Participant.
This is old news, but I thought I’d point it out for your reading pleasure. It’s a review of John Sheppard’s Tales of the Peacetime Army, which was the first book that Paragraph Line Books published.
I always loved this book, especially the layout, which looks like those Army publications on how to set up a grenade launcher or avoid getting herpes overseas that you’d see in a box in the local Army/Navy surplus store. And it’s no coincidence – in a previous life, John used to illustrate those things when he was in the army.
If you haven’t checked this out, it’s worth a look. And John wrote another book that’s similar, but much more multi-faceted called In Between Days, which is his best yet. He published it himself on lulu, and it went somewhat unnoticed, but it was probably the best book I read in 2009, so check it out.